Information we collect and how we use it.
This section describes the types of personal information we may collect about you. Such information is generally collected either (i) directly from your voluntary engagement with the Website or Keyzar services; or (ii) automatically from you when you interact with the Website.
The following categories of personal information we may collect from you includes:
- Contact and account information. In order to set up an account we may collect your name, phone number, address, and email address.
- Purchase information. To complete a purchase from Keyzar, we may collect your credit card information, billing address, shipping address, or other payment information. If you need to apply for credit, we may collect further information such as social security number and employment-related information to facilitate connecting you with a credit vendor.
- Feedback information. To receive and respond to your customer service requests or comments on your experience with Keyzar, we may collect your name, phone number, address, email address, images, and any relevant history.
- Personalization information. We may collect information you provide regarding your purchasing interests, birth date, anniversary date, wedding date, demographics such as gender, occupation, income, and marital status to enhance your experience with us.
- Device Information: When you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect information about the computers, phones, and other devices you are using (e.g. IP address, WiFi information, device attributes, operating system version, etc.).
- Website Usage: So that we may understand and improve on the user experience and functionality of the Website, we may collect information about how you interact with the Website such as mouse movements, clicks, keystrokes, the date of your visit, the time spent on pages of the Website, or other actions.
We currently do not honor Do Not Track signals from internet browsers; when a universal standard for processing them emerges, we will follow it.
Note that third-party sites that are linked to the Services may set cookies or other technologies to collect information about your use and interaction with their websites or content. We do not have access to, or control, over such third-party data collection.
What we do with your information.
We use and/or share your information to provide the Keyzar services, maintain your accounts, process and fulfill purchases and/or returns, provide customer service and support, policy updates, and chances for you to give us feedback. We also use your information to better understand and improve the customer experience when accessing or using the Website and Keyzar services.
Interest-Based advertising, also known as online behavioral advertising, is the practice of collecting information about users’ activities across sites over time, and using such information to deliver targeted advertising based on such users’ interests. This can be achieved through automated means, including through the use of first and third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels, and web beacons. We may use this information from our website and trusted third-parties such as Facebook, Google, and Pinterest, in order to tailor our advertisements to your individual interests or to inform you about new products or services.
Security and retention.
We value your trust in providing us with your personal information and strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect it. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will keep your personal information as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. In some circumstances we may retain your personal information for longer if and when required (e.g. legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
Links to other sites.
The Website and Keyzar services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will immediately delete such information from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Data Privacy Rights Based on Location.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR EUROPEAN UNION AND UNITED KINGDOM RESIDENTS
If you are an EU or UK resident, certain rights may be afforded to you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and as incorporated and amended into UK domestic law (UK GDPR)(including access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability, and the right to object and to complain). If applicable, in the event we transfer your personal data to countries that do not meet GDPR or UK GDPR requirements, we will ensure that the recipient provides adequate protection by entering into Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission. These rights include:
- The Right to Access: You have the right to learn if your personal information is being processed by Keyzar, including which categories and specific pieces of personal information we have.
- The Right to Rectify: You have the right to verify the accuracy of your personal information and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- The Right to Delete: You have the right, under certain circumstances, that we erase or otherwise remove your personal information from Keyzar.
- The Right to Transfer: You have the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another processor without any hindrance. This right is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and the processing is based on your consent or a contract which Keyzar is a part of.
- No Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights described above.
You may exercise your EU privacy rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle verified requests to access, correct, or delete your information within thirty (30) days unless the request is unusually extensive or complex, in which case we will inform you of the expected timeline for handling your particular request.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint before a competent data protection authority in the EU or the UK.
Legal Bases for Processing
We process your personal information based on one of the following legal conditions:
- Your consent (e.g. to place cookies which process personal information, or marketing)
- To perform our agreement with you (e.g. to ship your order)
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and
- Our legitimate interests, provided they do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms (e.g. for direct or behavioral marketing purposes, to expand our business activities, to generate aggregated statistics about our customer’s data and our services, which you may opt-out at any time).
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, certain rights may be accorded to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and its amendments under the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), including:
While Keyzar does not generally “sell” information as the term is traditionally understood, sharing data with certain advertising technology may be interpreted under California law as a sale. IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO SELL OR SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PLEASE FILL OUT THE REQUEST FORM HERE. We have fifteen (15) calendar days to implement a request to opt-out.
Alternatively, opt-out preference signals are sent from a platform, technology, or mechanism, on a consumer’s behalf, to communicate to us, your wish to opt-out of selling or sharing of your personal information.
We are not required to process any opt-out preference signal, only those that meet the following requirements:
In accordance with the CCPA, in addition to the details described above, we make the following disclosures:
- We collect the following categories of personal information: identifiers/contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, location, visual and audio information, and any inferences drawn from the foregoing.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for our business purposes: identifiers/contact information, financial information, internet or other electronic network activity information, location, visual and audio information, and any inferences drawn from the foregoing.
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
ADDITIONAL RIGHTS FOR VIRGINIA RESIDENTS
IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO SELL OR SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PLEASE FILL OUT THE REQUEST FORM HERE. We have forty-five (45) calendar days to implement a request to opt-out.
If we reasonably decline your request, you will be able to appeal our decision by emailing us at email@example.com and we will make a decision within sixty (60) days of your appeal.